When planning your wedding, you are planning for a once in a lifetime event and you want to make sure that it will not only be memorable for you, but also for your guests. While the ceremony is very important, the wedding reception will truly be the one that will stay in the minds of your guests.
Every couple wants all their guests to proclaim that their wedding is the best they have been to. That's because every guest invited to the wedding holds a special place in the heart of the couple, and of course, they want everyone to enjoy the time of celebration.
Here are some tips so you can ensure that each and every guest will have the time of their lives on your wedding reception.
1. Choose a good venue - first and foremost, you need to find a venue where your guests will not only be comfortable but also enjoy. Some wedding venues get booked early so you need to make the venue one of your priorities early on in the wedding planning. Take into consideration when you will be having the wedding. If it is an outdoor wedding and you are having it during the summer season, ensure that you will have fans or the like so that people will not feel too hot. If it is an indoor wedding, check the air conditioning and lighting of the place.
2. Don't make guests wait too long - one of the things that guests don't like doing is waiting too long, especially the time between the ceremony and reception. This is the time when the couple will have their pictorial. Talk to the photographer so that it will not take too long. You can also serve some cocktails and appetizers so they will not get bored.
3. Serve good food - a guest that is well-fed is a happy guest, so offer delectable delights that will leave a good impression on your guests. Starting with the appetizers that you will be serving up to the main menu, your guests should be able to enjoy. Choose a caterer that has a good reputation. You can choose classic dishes like steak and seafood. Also, make sure to ask your coordinator to follow up on whether any guests have dietary restrictions such as allergies and the like so that you can inform the caterer right away.
4. Plan a good program - there are many traditional parts of the wedding that always makes its way into the program, including the cutting of the cake, first dance, etc. Aside from that, you can include a couple of party games where guests can interact with each other.
5. Make sure the party will have a great entertainment - another thing you should not forget is great music. While others opt to just play songs from their players or hire a DJ, you might want to consider also getting a band. They are a great addition to any wedding reception and your guests will truly enjoy listening to live music. There are many wedding bands in Brisbane or anywhere in the country that can provide the entertainment that you will need. Just make sure to get one that has a lot of experience and good reviews.