Kanye West dramatically met President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday - and was embraced by the next leader of the free world. West swept in for a 15-minute meeting, headed upstairs - and then Trump descended to the lobby of Trump Tower to say goodbye to West. It is an honor he has extended to just one other visitor, and to none of the people he interviewed about top-level posts in his administration. 'We're just friends, just friends. He's a good man. Going well. Long time - We've been friends for a long time,' Trump said. 'Life, we were discussing.' Kanye did not respond to questions about whether he would run in 2020 and said: 'I just want you to take my picture right now.' Ivanka (inset) also looked on from the sidelines as the pair posed for photographs.
Donald Trump embraces Kanye West as he meets 'friend' for 15 minutes - and honors rapper by escorting him out of Trump Tower personally
- Rapper, 39, requested meeting with president-elect - and had a 15-minute sit-down after arriving at Trump Tower
- West swept in to gilded lobby and was taken upstairs with an entourage which included Corey Gamble, 35, his mother-in-law's boyfriend
- After the meeting Trump came downstairs to see him out of the building - something he had only previously done with a Japanese bank executive; his daughter Ivanka went with him
- Trump called West his 'friend' and told the rapper - who was hospitalized with a nervous breakdown - 'you take care of yourself'
- Last month West called Trump a 'genius' at a concert in California - and was booed by an apparently Clinton-loving crowd
- West also said he would have voted for Trump if he had voted at all