NYC Launches Free Gigabit Speed Wi-Fi Network
LinkNYC is a proposal for a first-of-its-kind communications network that will bring the fastest available municipal Wi-Fi to millions of New Yorkers, small businesses, and visitors. The five-borough LinkNYC network, which will be funded through advertising revenues, will be built at no cost to taxpayers and will generate more than $500 million in revenue for the City over the first 12 years.
What's in a Link?
Links are iconically designed connection points that house state-of-the-art wireless technology, interactive systems and digital advertising displays. Each ADA compliant Link structure would provide:
- Free 24/7 public Wi-Fi
- Free phone calls anywhere in the U.S.
- A touchscreen tablet interface to access City services, directions and more
- Easy access to 911 and 311
- Free charging station for your mobile devices
- Digital displays for advertising and public service announcements
CHECK IT OUT - to see what the phone will look like